Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI), the Indian version of the popular battle royale game PUBG Mobile, has returned to the Google Play Store after a 10-month ban. The game was banned in India in September 2020 due to concerns about national security.
The ban on BGMI was lifted on May 22, 2023, after Krafton, the game’s developer, made changes to comply with Indian regulations. These changes included removing certain features from the game, such as the ability to chat with players from other countries.
The return of BGMI has been met with excitement from fans in India. The game was one of the most popular mobile games in the country before it was banned, and it is expected to be a major success again.
Here are some additional details about the ban and its lifting:
Table of Contents
- The ban on BGMI was announced by the Indian government in September 2020. The government said that the game was a threat to national security because it could be used to gather intelligence and train terrorists.
- Krafton appealed the ban, but it was upheld by the Indian courts.
- In May 2023, Krafton announced that it had made changes to BGMI to comply with Indian regulations. The changes included removing certain features from the game, such as the ability to chat with players from other countries.
- The Indian government lifted the ban on BGMI on May 22, 2023.
BGMI Player Demographics:
|Age Group||Percentage of Players|
BGMI Device Demographics:
|Device||Percentage of Players|
BGMI Top Earning Countries:
- United States
BGMI Top Earning Esports Players:
- Jonathan Amaral (Jonathan)
- Ghatak (Ritesh Singh)
- Dynamo (Aditya Sawant)
- Scout (Tanmay Singh)
- Mortal (Naman Mathur)
BGMI Top Earning Tournaments:
- BGIS 2022
- PMIS 2022
- BGIS 2021
- PMIS 2021
- BGIS 2020
Battlegrounds Mobile India Official Download Link :-
The return of BGMI is a major victory for Krafton and for fans of the game in India. The game is expected to be a major success again, and it is a sign that the Indian government is open to allowing foreign companies to operate in the country.